RXUK Top500 Report 2023
Download the ninth edition of the RetailX UK Top500 ranking of the leading 500 retailers, brands and marketplaces that sell in the UK today.
The Top500 2023 arrives as the UK is moving on from the Covid-19 pandemic, but is now facing challenges as a result of factors including Russia’s invasion of Ukraine – and the knock-on effects from rising energy costs leading to inflation.
This year’s report highlights how the leaders in this market are proving flexible and adaptable in response. This year, our annual listing of the best 500 retailers, brands and marketplaces comes with a new approach both to the format and to the way RetailX has approached their assessment of the market.
Inside the report the focus remains on performance and on highlighting the wealth of information about how retailers sell that we’ve built up over the last nine years. This year we’ve added to that with Value Chain-based analysis. This assesses how retailers and brands add value as they go through all of the steps involved in the process of selling goods to customers.
This process starts with customers – from acquiring them to selling to them at a profit. That depends on having the right products to sell to them as profitably as possible, boosting value while reducing costs. Operations then support and enable those sales, offering the level of service that will help to boost profitability. Finally, capital is about the resources that boost profits and ultimately lead to growth, whether that’s of capital or achieving other objectives.
Download the report today for the latest ranking of the best retailers in the UK as well as:
- Strategic overview of the UK ecommerce market
- Exclusive Interview with Sherilyn Paterson of JD Group
- The Top 500
- Analysis: The Customer Value Chain
- Analysis:The Product Value Chain
- Analysis:The Operations Value Chain
- Analysis:The Capital Value Chain
- WhyElite and Leading retailers are so good
- New retailers that have broken into the Top500
- Case study: Dunelm, Toolstation, Yours Clothing, Cass Art, MenKind, The Works, Very, Swarovski